Ankeny Event Planner: Spring Break, K-12 Art Exhibit Continues, Tail Waggin' Tutors and More
Looking for something to do this week? Look no further than Ankeny Patch to fill up your planner.
You could find all these events in our events calendar, but we at Ankeny Patch thought we would make it easy for you by putting the highlights of this week all in one, convenient place.
Here's what is going on in Ankeny the week of March 19-25:
- The Ankeny Area Chamber of Commerce Public Affairs Committee will meet today at noon at the Chamber office. The Public Affairs committee conducts candidate forums and legislative briefings.
- The Ankeny City Council will meet tonight at 5:30 p.m. in regular session. The meeting will be held at City Hall. Check here to see a complete agenda for the meeting.
- The Ankeny Young Professionals will hold their March membership meeting at 11 a.m. Thursday at the Noodle Zoo in Ankeny. Anyone is welcome to attend to see what this group is all about.
- Kirkendall Public Library will hold its Sit and Knit program on Tuesday night at 6:15 p.m. All ages and skill levels are welcome for a relaxing and informal evening of knitting. Participants can bring a project in progress or beginners can learn the basics. Crocheters are also welcome. There is no cost to attend the program.
- It's Tuesday and it's dinner time - where to go? Think about having dinner at Wendy's tonight. From 5-8 p.m., a portion of all proceeds will go to benefit the Southeast Elementary PTO.
- The Ankeny Area Democrats will hold their monthly meeting Tuesday night at Dahl's Foods. The meeting will begin at 7 p.m.
- The Ankeny Chamber of Commerce Ambassador Committee will meet Wednesday at 11 a.m. at Wig & Pen Pizza Pub. The welcoming arm of the Chamber, the ambassadors meet monthly to discuss new members, assign mentors, sign up for ribbon cutting greeters and plan for the month.
- On Wednesday night, Holy Trinity Lutheran Church in Ankeny will hold its Lenten soup supper from 5-6:15 p.m. All are welcome to attend.
Thursday and Friday
- Know any events planned for these two days? Add them to our events calendar!
- The Ankeny Writer's Group will meet Saturday at 9 a.m. at the Kirkendall Public Library. Ron Sampson, former editor of the Ankeny Press-Citizen, will give a presentation.
- Sign your kids up for Tail Waggin' Tutors on Saturday at 10 a.m., held at Kirkendall Public Library. Kids can meet and read to L.B. the therapy dog.
- Looking for a place to take the family for Sunday brunch? Well, brunch is back at Tin Cup Bar & Grill, located at Otter Creek Golf Course in Ankeny. Brunch is held from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. and cost $10.95 per adult, $9.95 per senior and $4.95 for kids ages 4-10. Kids ages 3 and under eat free.
- The Ankeny Art Center will continue its second exhibit in its K-12 Art Exhibition today with works of art by students from the North Polk School District. The exhibit will run through March 27. Bondurant, North Polk, and Ankeny Schools are all participating in the exhibition. The Ankeny Art Center’s K-12 exhibits are part of the facility's extended outreach programming, intended to introduce and familiarize students with the gallery setting.
- Need help on your income taxes this year? DMACC in Ankeny is offering free income tax help by appointment through April 13. Individuals can call 2-1-1 to schedule an appointment. DMACC accounting students who have been certified by the Internal Revenue Service will help prepare federal and Iowa individual income tax returns for qualified residents.
- Are your kids fans of story time at the Kirkendall Public Library? If so, they will have to wait a week because there will be NO story time held at the library this week. You can check out our events calendar for details on when story time is held and how you can register your kids for the fun event.