Ankeny's Week in Review: Ankeny Schools Hires Six Admins, Police Seeking Vehicle in Station Shooting and More
Miss a headline this week on Ankeny Patch? Catch up fast with this roundup of the week's top headlines.
The leader of the NAACP for Iowa and Nebraska last week resigned his position over the organization's support for same-sex marriage. Do you think he made the right decision? There's still time to weigh in!
In this week's Parents Talk, we asked parents if they would allow a child younger than 13 to set up an account of Facebook.
After two weeks of voting, Ankeny Patch readers made it clear which local salon makes the cut for them.
An Iowa editor, born on a special day, offers some brutal honesty — and a gift idea that won't cost sons a cent.
Check out our new topic page, dedicated exclusively to the goings-on of the Ankeny Community School District.
Looking for a job in the community or nearby? Ankeny Patch will bring the classifieds for the week of June 10 to you.
RAGBRAI is right around the corner, and Patch has assembled a panel of pros to get your questions answered.
A local small business owner has thrown his hat in the race to become Ankeny's next city council member.
Looking to get a lot for less? Just curious? Check out this list of newly foreclosed homes in the Ankeny area.
The former Iowa Boy columnist for The Des Moines Register has a way with words – and a heck of a story to tell about cancer, love, cycling and life.
An Iowa man has been sentenced to two years in prison for writing a letter to the president, threatening to kill him.
12) Ankeny School District Hires Six Administrators
Did you see our coverage of new and moving administrators within the Ankeny school district? If not, check each one out:
- Ankeny School District Fills Two Additional Assistant Principal Spots
- Ankeny Social Studies Teacher Named New Assistant Principal at Ankeny High School
- Lisa Hill Will Move to New Principal Role at Ankeny High School
- Ankeny School Board Hires Lisa Glenn as Director of Special Programs
- Ankeny Assistant Principal Named New Athletic and Activities Director
13) This Week's Police Blotters
Check out our roundups of incident reports provided by the Ankeny Police Department:
- OWI, Alcohol-Related Charges From This Week's Ankeny Police Blotter
- Burglaries, Thefts Top Ankeny Police Blotter for June 13
- Domestic Abuse Cases Top Ankeny Police Blotter for June 11
The Ankeny Police Department is seeking the public's help in identifying a vehicle possibly involved in last month's early-morning shooting at the police station.
This week we feature littering with fish in the street, a tussle over garage sale prices, and a West Des Moines house mistaken for Omaha.
The event was held from 4-6 p.m. Thursday. Walnut Street Gallery has seen three owners in the 30 years it's been in business. Jennifer Walter is the most recent owner.