Iowa Jobs Around Ankeny: Iowa Soybean Association, Ankeny Schools, Mediacom and More
Looking for a job in the community or nearby? Ankeny Patch will bring the classifieds for the week of June 24 to you.
What kind of job are you looking for? The following businesses are hiring in several career fields —
- Southeast Polk School District is looking for an accountant/controller to the the 2012-13 school year. The deadline to apply is July 5. Submit applications online at the district's website.
- The Iowa Soybean Association, based in Ankeny, is looking for a member outreach coordinator who enjoys working with farmers at a local level. Good communication and organizational skills are a must. Ag knowledge is a plus. This position is responsible for three crop districts. Send resumé to Iowa Soybean Association, 1255 Prairie Trail Pkwy., Ankeny, IA 50023. Deadline to apply is July 8.
- Johnston Community School District is looking to fill several coaching positions for the 2012-13 school year. To see a full list of open positions and to apply, visit the district's website.
- Iowa State University's Thielen Health Center is looking for a communications specialist III. To learn more about the decision, go here and search vacancy no. 120690.
- Ankeny school district is looking for a construction supervisor for the 2012-13 school year. For more information and to view other vacancies and deadlines, visit the district's website. All individual inquiries can be made to Dr. Matt Adams.
- Mediacom is currently hiring energetic and dependable people to fill positions in the call center, tech support and sales, as well as installers. For a complete listing of openings, visit the company's website and search 'Iowa'.
- Waukee school district is hiring several teaching, coaching and custodial positions. For more information and to apply, visit the district's website.
- Des Moines Public Schools has teaching vacancies in several areas throughout the district. To apply, visit the district's website.
- The city of West Des Moines is looking for a part-time animal control officer. This position requires at least one year of professional or volunteer animal handling work, as well as knowledge of domesticated and wild animals of all shapes and sizes. Hours would be Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 12 p.m. To apply, visit the city's website. Deadline to apply is June 29.
- The city of West Des Moines also is looking for a teen center program director. For a complete job description and to access the online application, visit the city's website.
- McFarland Clinic in Ames is looking for full-time infusion registered nurses to work in its oncology department. Hours are four 10-hour work days with some travel outreach required. Visit the clinic's website to apply.
- The Life Center is looking for a director of nursing to provide leadership in a rehabilitative, long-term and dementia care environment. To apply, send materials to 900 Polk Blvd., Des Moines, IA 50312, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- DMACC Ankeny Campus is hiring an associate executive director of human resources. An official DMACC application is required for the position, which can be found online.
- K & M Tire in Des Moines is looking for second shift warehouse workers to work Sunday through Thursday, 4 p.m. to 2 a.m. Requirements are the willingness to learn about tires, a positive attitude and the ability to lift 75 pounds as well as read and write English. To apply, visit the company's website or email a resumé to email@example.com.
- The Iowa House of Representatives is looking for a Republican Caucus staff research analyst to provide staff support to the Republican Legislature. Knowledge of the Legislative process is required, as well as excellent written and oral presentation skills. A bachelor's degree and political experience is required. To apply, send a resumé and cover letter by July 13 to Jeff Mitchell, Iowa House of Representatives, State Capitol, Des Moines, IA 50319, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Des Moines Imports currently is hiring two sales consultants, one for new sales and the other for pre-owned sales. The right individuals must be good with people and have the motivation to be part of a sales team. Des Moines Imports is one of the largest locally owned car dealerships, carrying Kia, Mitsubishi, Suzuki and Saab. Apply in person at 1650 S.E. 37th St. in Grimes or email your resumé to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Johnston Community School District is hiring bus drivers for the 2012-13 school year. Pay is hourly (between $16.74 and $19.94 per hour) and a pre-employment drug screen is required. To apply, visit the district's website and click on 'Human Resources'.
- The Des Moines Area Regional Transit Authority (DART) is hiring for several positions ranging from customer service supervisor to building and grounds supervisor to fixed route operators. For more details on available positions and to apply, visit DART's website.