Patch Picks: Five Ankeny Lunch Spots
From delis to burgers, try one of these eateries for your next lunch break.
Lunch is a time to recharge, a time to fuel up to get through the rest of your day. Whether you're looking for freshly-made custom sandwiches to grab-and-go, Ankeny has lots of great lunch options.
Here's a few eateries to try out on your next lunch break.
1. Palmer's Deli & Market: This addictive deli serves up freshly-made sandwiches, salads and soups, as well as a case full of delights such as tortellini salad, fresh-cut fruit, corn and black bean salad and more. While making your way through the ordering line, be sure to save room for the desserts that are sure to catch your eye while checking out. Palmer's is located at 110 N. Ankeny Blvd. with locations also in West Des Moines and Urbandale.
2. Olive Garden: While this Italian restaurant might seem like the to-go place for a Saturday date night or business dinner with a client, it actually serves up plentiful and affordable lunch specials. It might be hard to top the unlimited soup, salad and breadsticks lunch, but Olive Garden gave it a shot recently by adding panini sandwiches to its menu. Olive Garden is located at 770 S.E. Oralabor Rd.
3. Smashburger: This chain specializes in the “smashed-to-order” burger. They use 100-percent Angus Beef but also serve up smashchicken sandwiches and smashfries, which are thin and seasoned. To wash it all down, try one of their indulgent Haagen-Dazs shakes - just be prepared for a food-induced coma to kick one once you leave. Try your own smashed specialty at 2010 S.E. Delaware Ave.
4. Okoboji Grill: Head here for affordable lunch specials that are offered Monday through Friday. From chicken wings to fish and chips to a grilled stuffed burrito, the culinary variety ensures everyone can find something they like here. The menu also features a ‘lighter side’ section for those of you who are watching your waist line. Okoboji Grill is located at 2010 S.E. Delaware Ave.
5. Chips: Upon being seated, you’re served with a complimentary basket of...what else? Chips! But these are not just regular old potato chips, these are in-house baked kettle chips and there are loads of dips you can order to dunk them in. Rotisserie chicken is this restaurant's specialty, but they also offer soups, salads, pizzas, burgers and more so everyone should be able to find something they enjoy. Chips is located at 2502 S.E. Tones Dr.
Patch Picks is a special feature on Ankeny Patch designed to better acquaint residents of Ankeny with the businesses and services offered right here in their community. Agree with our list? Visit the links above and leave a review for your favorite, telling others why it deserved to be a Patch Pick. Make sure to review your other favorite businesses and we may just choose it as our next Patch Pick!