As our contest in which we asked readers to choose their favorite breakfast spot in Ankeny draws to close, Topped Doughnuts is still on top with 38 percent of the vote.
Readers have until 12 p.m. Sunday to vote. The winner will be announced later that day.
Close behind Topped Doughnuts are CJ's Bagels with 20 percent of the vote, followed by Ankeny Café with 18 percent of the vote.
For those of you who haven't voted yet, channel your inner breakfast-eater and cast your vote in our Readers’ Choice contest. Nine local businesses are in the running, but only one can be declared the Readers’ Choice.
The businesses participating in our contest include:
- CJ’s Bagels, 127 N. Ankeny Blvd.
- Topped Doughnuts, 129 N. Ankeny Blvd.
- Café Diem, 2005 S. Ankeny Blvd.
- Ankeny Café, 310 S. Ankeny Blvd.
- Daylight Donuts, 1702 W. First St.
- Panera Bread, 2310 S.E. Delaware Ave.
- IHOP, 2402 S.E. Delaware Ave.
- Starbucks, 1805 S.E. Delaware Ave.
- Village Inn, 1024 E. First St.
Readers can vote in our poll for their favorite breakfast spot once per day. Make sure you leave a comment or review for your pick because these count for points in determining the winner and are also used to break a tie.
Voting will run through this weekend. Questions about the contest? Please contact Ankeny Patch LE Megan VerHelst.