Top 9 of Iowa: 2 Months Since Abduction, Erskine Bowles on Debt, Trial Set for Fatal Drug Bust Gone Awry
Authorities found 37 weapons in the home of a man charged with first-degree murder for a shooting in Linn County.
9. Erskine Bowles, chief of staff in the President Bill Clinton Administration, urged Congress to fix the national debt now, rather than later, in a visit to Iowa State University campus in Ames this week.
8. In Johnston, voters turned down a $51 million bond for a new high school.
7. A case of an undercover drug bust gone awry in Iowa City moves forward. Trials have been set for three suspects. A fourth man was shot to death by an undercover agent, in what authorities say was a justified shooting.
6. Gloria Dei Lutheran Church in Urbandale was honored as a national worship facility success story by the White House during a special reception on Thursday at the National Cathedral. The recognition came as part of a national call to action for energy stewardship.
5. A man who lost his job at Wells Fargo, which is headquartered in West Des Moines, because for a decades-old arrest for stuffing a cardboard dime in a laundry machine, has filed a civil rights complaint.
4. The Ankeny school board and the district's former superintendent Matthew Wendt have settled a messy separation-turned lawsuit. The sides agreed to meet halfway in the separation agreement. Wendt parts with six month's salary - down from a year - or about $88,000.
3. Concerned parents in the Waukee School District may be pleased after a policy requiring parents be notified when a case of head lice is discovered in the classroom moved forward to the district's policy committee.
2. Marion Patch reports that 37 weapons were discovered in the home of a man charged with first-degree murder for a shooting in Central City.
1. The case of two missing Evansdale cousins continues. Cedar Falls Patch reported from a prayer vigil marking the two-month anniversary of the abduction of Lyric Cook-Morrissey, 10, and Elizabeth Collins, 9.
Read more Top news from Iowa: