Who's Hiring Around Ankeny? Casey's General Stores, Wolfe Eye Clinic, Courtyard Marriott and More
Looking for a job in the community or nearby? Ankeny Patch will bring the classifieds for the week of May 13 to you.
What kind of job are you looking for? The following businesses are hiring in several career fields —
Education (All Positions)
- Ankeny Community School District is looking to fill the following administrative positions: director of curriculum, assessment and professional development; coordinator of K-12 curriculum, assessment and instruction — math; and chief financial officer (applications for this position are due May 16). For a full job description and to apply, visit the district website.
- Saydel Community School District is looking to fill several teaching and coaching positions for the 2012-13 school year. To see a list of available positions and find out how to apply, visit the district's website.
- Johnston Community School District is seeking applicants for several teaching positions for the 2012-13 school year. To apply and see a list of available positions, visit the district website and click on 'How to apply'.
- Des Moines Public School District is looking to fill a counselor position as well as a K-5 technology instructor position for the next school year. To see more details about the positions and to apply, visit the district's website.
- Southeast Polk Community School District is looking to fill several teaching and coaching positions for the 2012-13 school year. To see open positions and how to apply, visit the district's website.
- St. Anthony Catholic School in Des Moines is looking for a part-time music teacher and a full-time elementary school teacher. Catholic is preferred but not required. Send resumé and credentials to Dr. Joe Cordaro, St. Anthony School, 16 Columbus Ave., Des Moines, IA 50315, or by email to email@example.com.
- Drake University in Des Moines is looking for a head start program coordinator. A master's degree is required, as well as three years minimum working with young children and families. To see more information and to apply, visit the university's website.
- Ace Moving in Des Moines is seeking someone to fill an accounting position to work 30-40 hours per week. A two year degree is required. Send resumé to 1800 Industrial Circle, West Des Moines, IA 50265.
- Des Moines Imports is looking for a lube technician to work in its Express Service Department. Experience is preferred and a valid driver's license and good driving record is required. To apply, send a resumé to Steve at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Dowling Catholic High School is looking to fill several coaching positions for the next school year. To see a complete list, visit the district's website.
- Casey's General Stores, based in Ankeny, has an opening for a full-time inventory clerk. This is a great entry level position and no experience is necessary as training is provided. A valid driver's license is required. The schedule varies and includes some overnight travel. Pay is $12.30 per hour and includes full benefits. Apply to Casey's General Stores, Attn: Field Inventory Supervisor, P.O. Box 3001, Ankeny, IA 50021.
- Git n Go Convenience Stores are searching for an assistant manager and a full-time cashier. Interested candidates can apply at the company's corporate office, located at 2716 Indianola Ave. in Des Moines, or at the Ankeny store, located at 2811 S.W. Oralabor Rd.
- Budget Rent-a-Car, located at 1901 Army Post Rd. in Des Moines, is seeking a rental representative. Computer knowledge is a must. Interested individuals should apply in person.
- Fountain West Health Care Center in West Des Moines is seeking an assistant director of nursing. This is a full time position starting in June. Management experience is preferred. The right candidate must have an RN license, long-term care experience, MDS knowledge and pass a background check. Apply at CareerBuilder.com and type in key work 'Fountain West'.
- Wolfe Eye Clinic in West Des Moines in looking for full-time registered nurses. Minor procedure experience and office nursing preferred. Some daytime travel is required. If interested, apply online at the company's website.
- Costco is looking for certified pharmacy technicians. Apply online at the company's website.
- Courtyard by Marriott Jordan Creek is looking to fill the following positions: maintenance, front office, housekeeping and restaurant attendants. Apply in person at 410 S. 68th St. in West Des Moines.
- Woodward Academy will be holding walk-in interviews for youth counselors on Thursday, May 17 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Woodward Academy, located at 1251 334th St. in Woodward. If you are unable to attend the interviews, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
- Wolfe Eye Clinic is looking for an IT director to be based in its corporate office in Marshalltown. To see a full job description and to apply, visit the company's website.
- Kenilworth Furniture in Des Moines is looking for an experienced and highly motivated interior designer. If interested, call Sheila at 515-331-0003.
- Trinity Center at Luther Park in Des Moines is accepting applications for a maintenance supervisor and maintenance staff. The supervisor must have five years experience in a maintenance trade and be able to acquire a city of Des Moines fireman license. Maintenance staff members must have one year experience. A valid license is required and all candidates must pass a background check. Applications are being accepted in person at 1555 Hull Ave. between 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- NPI Security in Urbandale is hiring workers for all shifts for its location at 3329 109th St. To apply, call 515-276-3701 or visit the company's website.
- Spee-Dee Delivery Service in Des Moines is looking to fill several positions, including route drivers, package handlers and mechanics. For more information on the positions, visit the company's website. Apply in person at 1783 N.E. 61st Pl. in Des Moines.
- The 2012 West Des Moines Jobs Expo will be held Monday, May 21, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Sheraton West Des Moines Hotel, located at 1800 50th St. This expo is brought to you buy the WDM Development Connection and Iowa Workforce Development Center.
- Adventureland Park is now hiring summer lifeguards. Paid training will be provided and minimum age is 16. Apply in person at 3200 Adventureland Dr. in Altoona.