Iowa Jobs Around Ankeny: DART, Ankeny Schools, City of West Des Moines and More
Looking for a job in the community or nearby? Ankeny Patch will bring the classifieds for the week of June 17 to you.
What kind of job are you looking for? The following businesses are hiring in several career fields —
- Southeast Polk School District is looking for an accountant/controller to the the 2012-13 school year. The deadline to apply is July 5. Submit applications online at the district's website.
- West Des Moines school district is looking for a sweep crew custodian to work 3:30 p.m. to midnight. Knowledge of proper cleaning procedures is required. To apply, go online to the district's website.
- Git n Go Convenience Stores are searching for an assistant manager and a full-time cashier. Interested candidates can apply at the company's corporate office, located at 2716 Indianola Ave. in Des Moines, or at the Ankeny store, located at 2811 S.W. Oralabor Rd.
- Due to professional advancement, Ankeny Community School District is looking to fill several adminstrative and teaching positions. To see a full list of openings, visit the district's website. All individual inquiries can be made to Dr. Matt Adams.
- Carlisle school district is looking for a high school math teacher, as well as a head varsity girls track coach and ninth grade volleyball coach. To apply, visit the district's website.
- Dowling Catholic High School has a full time operning for a counselor. To apply visit the district's website.
- Urbandale school district has openings for a middle school special education teacher, middle school counselor and elementary counselor. To apply, visit the district's website.
- Waukee school district is looking for a level 1 elementary special education teacher, a high school campus monitor and special ed associates. For a job description and application, visit the district's website.
- Des Moines Public Schools has teaching vacancies in several areas throughout the district. To apply, visit the district's website.
- Southeast Polk School District has several teaching openings throughout the district. To see a full list and to apply, visit the district's website.
- The city of West Des Moines is looking for a part-time animal control officer. This position requires at least one year of professional or volunteer animal handling work, as well as knowledge of domesticated and wild animals of all shapes and sizes. Hours would be Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 12 p.m. To apply, visit the city's website. Deadline to apply is June 29.
- The Life Center is looking for a director of nursing to provide leadership in a rehabilitative, long-term and dementia care environment. To apply, send materials to 900 Polk Blvd., Des Moines, IA 50312, or by email to email@example.com.
- Adventureland Inn in Altoona is hiring housekeeping staff and room inspectors. Pay is based on experience. Apply in person at 3200 Adventureland Dr. in Altoona.
- DMACC Ankeny Campus is looking for an associate executive director of human resources. An official DMACC application is required for this position. To apply, visit the college's website.
- NPI Security in Urbandale is hiring workers for all shifts for its location at 3329 109th St. To apply, call 515-276-3701 or visit the company's website.
- LSI is seeking a full-time family support worker to work in Adair, Dallas, Madison and Warren counties. This position will work in the new paent proram to provide in-home visitation and case management services, as well as other duties. Bilingual candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. For more info and how to apply, visit LSI's website.
- The Des Moines Area Regional Transit Authority (DART) is hiring for several positions ranging from customer service supervisor to building and grounds supervisor to fixed route operators. For more details on available positions and to apply, visit DART's website.
- First Student is now hiring school bus drivers. No experience is necessary and training will be provided. The right candidates must be 21 years old, possess a valid driver's license and pass a drug/background check. To apply, call 515-992-3740.