Invite a friend
Red Cross Babysitting Class
This course gives youth ages 11 to 15 years old the knowledge and confidence to care for infants and school-age children. Combining video, activities, hands-on skills training and discussion for a complete learning experience, Babysitter’s Training teaches youth how to:
• Respond to emergencies and illnesses with first aid, rescue breathing and other appropriate care
• Make decisions under pressure
• Communicate with parents to learn household rules
• Recognize safety and hygiene issues
• Manage young children
• Feed, diaper and care for infants
• Start their babysitting business
Course length: 6 1/2 for core course; program offers a variety of additional topics that can be included in the training.
Register @ Red Cross 1-800-733-2767
More About Kirkendall Public Library
The Kirkendall Public Library (part of the Central Iowa Library service area) is the public library of the City of Ankeny. The library offers a wide range of reference materials, periodicals, books, AV equipment, and CD, video, DVD and book-on-tape rentals. It also hosts literary events, maintains an archive of local historical events, and sponsors an array of educational programs and town resources. Notary services are also available.