You could find all these events in our events calendar, but we at Ankeny Patch thought we would make it easy for you by putting the highlights of this week all in one, convenient place.
Here's what is going on in Ankeny this week:
- Did you make it to the city of Ankeny's leaf collection days this weekend? If not, that's OK. Collection will continue every day this week. The designated site for leaf collection is the , located at 1220 N.W. Prairie Ridge Drive. The leaf collection site is open for leaf disposal 24 hours per day.
- Tonight the Ankeny Hawks will take on Sioux City East in the second round of high school football state playoffs. The Hawks (9-1) will meet East (5-5) at . Kickoff is at 7 p.m.
- Registered for story time this week at Kirkendall Public Library? It's held each morning during the week beginning at 9:15 a.m. Online pre-registration is required. Visit our events calendar for a full list of days and times, as well as find out how to register.
- On Tuesday, the Ankeny Area Chamber of Commerce will hold , located at 300 E. Locust St. in Des Moines. The ribbon cutting will be held at 4:30 p.m.
- It's Tuesday and it's dinner time - where to go? Think about having . From 5-8 p.m., a portion of all proceeds will go to benefit the PTO.
- Not quite up to speed on the world of Facebook? No worries - will be holding a on Wednesday at 10 a.m. In the class, you will learn how to set up your Facebook page, add a picture, find family and friends, control your content and ensure the security of your information. To register, call the reference desk at 515-965-6460, ext. 5.
- On Wednesday, the library also will be holding a at 2 p.m. In the class, you will learn how to create a basic presentation in PowerPoint 2007. Register at the reference desk by calling 515-965-6460, ext. 5.
- On Thursday, representatives from the Senior Cooperative Foundation and Cooperative Housing Specialists from Vintage Hills Cooperative at Prairie Trail , which will be coming soon to Ankeny. The meeting will be held at 10 a.m. at the in Ankeny. A second meeting also will be held at 2 p.m.
- will hold an intermediate Microsoft Word class at 2 p.m. on Thursday at which participants will with special fonts, images and their own photos. Register at the reference desk or call 515-965-6460, ext 5.
- You and the entire family can head to the library Thursday night for . In "Cars 2", star racecar Lightning McQueen, and the incomparable tow truck, Mater, take the first-ever World grand Prix to determine the world's fastest car. But the road to championship is filled with plenty of potholes, detours and hilarious surprises. The movie will begin at 6 p.m.
- Are you ready for one of the biggest Ankeny events of the year? The will be held Saturday starting at 9 a.m. The premiere fundraiser for the Ankeny Art Center, three schools will be filled with crafts and vendors and a shuttle bus will take you from location to location all day for just a dollar. Keep tabs on Ankeny Patch as we give you a complete look at the event later this week.