Now is the time in Ankeny to get your seasonal flu shot.
The Polk County Health Department will be holding over 100 community flu and pneumonia clinics throughout the county beginning Sept. 25 and ending Nov. 19.
Here is a list of flu shot clinics scheduled in Ankeny:
- Sept. 28 - , 2006 S. Ankeny Blvd. Bldg. 24, 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Sept. 29 - , 1010 N.W. Prairie Ridge Dr., 3:30-7 p.m.
- Oct. 6 - , 1302 N. Ankeny Blvd., 3:30-7 p.m.
- Oct. 10 - , 310 N.W. School St., 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Oct. 20 - Ankeny Senior Center, 406 S.W. School St. Room 406, 10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- Oct. 21 - , 1302 N. Ankeny Blvd., 6:30-8 p.m.
- Oct. 25 - Ashland Ridge Elementary School, 2800 N.W. Ash Dr., 3-6:30 p.m.
- Oct. 26 - , 2006 S. Ankeny Blvd. Bldg. 24, 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
If you're unable to make it to one of these clinics, several retail stores in Ankeny offer immediate flu shots to customers with no required appointment. These stores include:
- , 2702 S.E. Delaware Ave. and 901 N. Ankeny Blvd. Pharmacy hours: The store on Ankeny Boulevard is open 24 hours per day; the store on Delaware Avenue is open 8 a.m.-10 p.m. Monday through Friday, 9 a.m.-6 p.m. Saturday, 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Sunday.
- , 1802 N. Ankeny Blvd. Hours: 9 a.m.-8 p.m. Monday through Friday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. weekends and holidays. Schedule your appointment in advance and get $10 off your shot.
- , 849 S. Ankeny Blvd. Hours: 7 a.m.-9 p.m. Monday through Friday, 8 a.m.-8 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
- , 401 N. Ankeny Blvd. Pharmacy hours: 8 a.m.-9 p.m. Monday through Friday, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
- Pharmacy, click here to find a clinic near you.
People who get influenza are also at greater risk for catching pneumonia, according to the Polk County Health Department's website.
The following people are encouraged to get a pneumonia shot as well.
- All adults 65 years of age and older.